Weekly Wrap Up
November 18, 2013
In case you missed any of these stories, here are some economic news highlights from last week.
Week of Nov. 11
- A report from Pew Charitable Trusts says revenues in two-thirds of large central cities (including Kansas City) are still below pre-recession levels.
- After breaking ground in 2005, the Plaza Vista office/retail tower opened.
- The first of the Kansas City streetcar rails were set in new Main Street bridge under construction over I-670.
- The Kansas City Area Convention and Visitors Association formed a task force to support efforts to bring the 2016 Republican National Convention to Kansas City.
- The Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City released construction permit numbers. In October, 371 permits for new single-family homes were issued, making 2013 the area’s best year for permits since 2007.